Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Murkmere

Hello my victims,today I'll write about a book called Murkmere by Patrica Elliot.This is a book about a girl named Aggie who has kind of a normal,boring life in this little village.She never thought of questioning about the rule of The Ministration or the awesome power of "the divine beings"-birds.The master of the manor nearby the village,Gilbert Tunstall,sends for the girl to become a lady's companion to Mistress Leah,his ward.Leah has pretty much lost her mind.She has wild mood swings,as in where she finds a the skin of a swan and treasures it like it was alive.Quote from page 133 and 134:
'"I'm going to wear it at my ball.It will make an excellent wrap."
She brought the disgusting thin closer still,so that it was almost under my nose and I could see the wet feathers all stuck together.There was one feather glued to the side of her mouth as if she'd brought the bundle to her lips."Don't you see what it is?"She said."It's a swanskin."I recoiled."You'd wear a dead swan on your own back?You know that's sacrilege.You must be mad!"
There was a terrible silence.I'd gone too far.Then she darted toward me,the outstretched fingers of her free hand,pallid and wrinkled from the cold water,poking at my face,and her teeth bared in a hideous grimace."Mad?Perhaps I am!"
I backed away,frightened,a hand to my open mouth,shaking my head feebly,until I reached the door.
And all the way to my room I was followed by peals of her delighted laughter."
 Leah has a weird bond to the swans,and is yearning to escape the mansion,Murkmere.The master hides sacreligious books and a dangerous-looking machine in the mansion's watch tower.Salias,the powermongering steward,seems more suspicious then anyone in Murkmere.As preparations begin for the grand ball celabrating Leah's birthday,Aggie becomes further and further involved with the dark plotting and secrets that surround the mansion,and she desperately searches for a way to save herself and Leah from the fatal betrayal that awaits them.You should really check this book out;It's both haunting and tragic,and Patrica Elliot's flowing style of writing makes it an impressive novel.Bye then<3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment