Monday, September 20, 2010

Houston trip!

Hello my victims!!I went on vacation to Houston,TX and it was so coool...I went to this awesome art museum and my favorite painting there was this one where this angel was killing the devil so he could go to hell,whatever..But it was awesome because it looked like it was popping out of its frame..It had this cool 3D effect.Derp.Loved the entire museum.They're setting up a sculpture by Alexander Calder and we got to see the process.It was awesome looking,I can't wait to see what it looks like when they're done setting it up...!!Alexander Calder was this guy who was born in November 22,1898 and he's famous because he invented the mobile.When he was in the fourth grade,he made a duck and a dog out of sheet brass that was given to him as a Christmas gift.The duck was kinetic because it rocked when tapped gently.These sculptures are cited frequently as an example of his early talents.Anyways,I also went to the science museum and saw this shell that looked like a nautilus shell,but it actually wasn't really a shell at all.It was this thing that female octopi make,and then they lay their eggs in it.After that, they ride around inside it to protect the babies till they hatch.D'awww.So cute.Wow,I wrote a lot,huh?I get a cookie.Bye bye<3<3<3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment